Cuthbert and the Night Walkers

September 4, 2009 at 9:09 AM 0 comments

Flirting with children's singalongs might be considered a cred-hazard to many music punters, but Cuthbert and the Night Walkers have really made the artform their own. Since the unfortunate passing of the legendary Adelaide songster Baterz in 2002, there's been little to fill the void of intelligent children's music (ICM anybody??). Thankfully CATNW pick up where Baterz left off; cheekily hiding their musical maturity beneath the cutesy singalongs. Don't be fooled, the songs aren't all gooey - the first time I heard Red Frogs I was too caught up in a solid rock song to forsee that months later I might be singing the lyrics to my 5 year old cousin.

The band joined me on the Guest Programming Bridge on Monday 31st August. I figured that to suit the mood I'd administer my Nursery Rhyme Quiz (see below for an audio grab of the Quiz). They also threw down a titillating rendition of an upcoming track Walk To Work. Their second album is due out at the end of this year, and if the first single Pace Ourselves is anything to go by, there'll still be plenty to sing along to. --- JZ


Cuthbert links:
Myspace | Facebook

Tracklist - 31/08/09:
Pace Ourselves - Cuthbert and the Night Walkers
Sunny In Splodges - Kyu
Then Came The Sun - Brian Campeau
Musings Heartthrob - Megastick Fanfare
Untitled - The desks
The Barber's Son - Jack Ladder
Havin A Party - Little Lovers
Jonathan Richmond - Little Lovers
Etcetera - Betamax Bandits
Walk to work (LIVE!!) - Cuthbert and the Night Walkers
PS I Love You - Richard In Your Mind

Tags: , , ,

(0) Comments

Post a Comment